- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Twisted Sister Makeup Collection Launched by Rock and Roll Beauty
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
WILMINGTON, Mass., Oct. 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Seurat Technologies – the 3D metal printing leader making manufacturing better for people and the planet – today, announced three Letters of Intent (LOI) from global manufacturers that link production volumes to revenue forecasts. Applications range from tooling, energy, transportation and more, in the industrial sector. Qualification for these programs are underway, with high-volume manufacturing targeted for next year.
These LOIs, which accumulate to 25 tons of metal parts, fill the manufacturing capacity of Seurat's pilot facility and require expansion into additional full-scale production factories. Seurat anticipates that its first production factory will be around 100,000 square feet and capable of manufacturing more than 500 tons of metal parts per year. It will also be based in the Boston area and be powered by 100% green energy. As an all-electric process, Seurat's Area Printing technology has positioned itself as a leader of green transitions in manufacturing.
"Manufacturing must be closer to the customer. Having products produced in a faraway factory has clearly failed to be the best economic and environmental approach," said James DeMuth, co-founder and CEO of Seurat. "Our novel Area Printing process can scale to outcompete traditional manufacturing in every way - cost, quality, and volume, while also reducing our dependence on dirty fossil fuels. High volume orders of this magnitude are historic for the 3D metal printing industry and a tremendous step forward for the decarbonization of manufacturing."
More on iSports Wire
- Sports Complex in New Ulm, Minnesota
- America's Boating Channel Will Highlight NASBLA Videos on Smart TV
- Inaugural North American Agrivoltaics Conference Seeks to Ignite Dual-Use Solar Renaissance
- InterMountain Management Selected to Manage Home2 Suites Avondale, AZ
- Jake The Snake joins I Only Touch Greatness Podcast
The historic Inflation Reduction Act and CHIPS and Science Act mark a national movement to catalyze regional and economic growth while fighting climate change. Manufacturing is one of the largest emitters of greenhouse gas emissions, contributing 22 percent of total emissions in the US, which excludes the impact of shipping parts around the world. Companies need innovative solutions that decrease their carbon footprint and create a more resilient supply chain.
"Seurat's factory deployment model enables contract manufacturing to happen closer to the customer which is highly attractive to the auto industry," said Gero Corman, head of digital innovation for group production at Volkswagen AG. "Seurat's 3D printing process has the potential to produce high volume parts at cost-parity to overseas manufacturing which will provide tremendous relief to supply chains."
While the global metal manufacturing economy is estimated at $14.2 trillion, additive manufacturing (AM) is only 0.1% of that, as reported in the 2022 Wohlers Report. Previous AM solutions have been an alternative for high-value applications in niche markets and have a limited scope of influence. Area Printing by Seurat, however, enables access to the $2.5 trillion metal parts manufacturing market.
More on iSports Wire
- Pikmykid Announces Cutting Edge School Emergency Reunification Tool
- Dr. Amy L. Stark Debuts New Children's Book You Are More Than
- Global K9 Protection Group Marks Fourth Anniversary of 3PK9 Program
- Slick Cash Loan Offers Quick Personal Loans Even For Bad Credit Scores Across USA
- FirstLight Home Care Unveils Newly Designed Website
Seurat's mission is to utilize clean energy for all its global factory deployments. Starting in 2025, Seurat sees potential to deploy factories with a renewable micro-grid to fuel its manufacturing. Seurat's Area Printing will competitively displace traditional manufacturing technologies like machining, casting, and forging, reducing GHG emissions related to waste material and related production energy requirements in addition to freight, transportation, and warehousing. Seurat has validated its carbon footprint forecast according to ISO 14064 standards.
Seurat has raised $79 million from investors such as Capricorn's Technology Impact Fund, True Ventures, and Porsche Automobil Holding SE, and has more than 155 patents granted and pending. The 3D metal printing leader has doubled its employee headcount year-over-year and expects continued growth to meet demand.
To learn more about Seurat's open positions, please visit their careers page.
About Seurat Technologies
Seurat Technologies is transforming manufacturing for people and our planet. Area Printing by Seurat is the next generation of 3D metal printing designed for high-volume, decarbonized industrial production. By decoupling resolution and speed, Seurat is creating a scalable process that can compete with traditional manufacturing in every way. Seurat's pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and has over 155 patents granted and pending. Learn more at www.seurat.com.
SOURCE Seurat Technologies
Latest on iSports Wire
- The East TOKYO Festival of Light launches in Tokyo, Presented by Tobu Railway Group
- Yida Gao and Shima Capital Invest in Web3 Gaming Startup Midnight
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
- New consultancy launches to address poor communication within digital transformation projects
- Entertainer Sidow Sobrino Celebrates his 47th Birthday on December 1st
- Pickleball Champ Regina Goldberg Joins The Hunters Run Professional Team As Its New Pickleball Director
- National Minority Health Association Selected by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative for Grant
- KiwiQA, Australia based testing major, launches KiwiQA.io
- National Lacrosse League Announces Playoff Format and Playoff Schedule For 2022-23 Season
- NFL Coaches, Former Players Across Eight Teams To Support First Campaign Honoring Coach Greg Knapp
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Ken W. Stone Joins Talent Concierge®
- Netberg launches Aurora 810 platform for next-generation networks
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
- Must Visit! New Restaurant in Kew Gardens, Queens NY - Love's Kitchen
- What You Need to Know: 2022 FIFA World Cup
- The Secret to Moving to London from the USA